Thursday, June 15, 2006

The master of lies

Most of you would have faced this situation a few times, somebody lies to you and unfortunately for them you already know that they are lying. My dad always used to say that it takes a thief to catch a thief and so it is with lies. I am still trying to get control of this most common of sins which is not even considered sin by some people.

The reason I bring it up is recently I had somebody lie to me, while I knew the truth. To be fair to them they were either trying to shield me from some unpleasantness or trying to cover up for their slip up. I was a very innocuous thing and for once I decided not to pursue it. And what a difference that has made. I just realised that sometimes our forgiveness and understanding of human emotions goes a long way in strengthening relationships. No body lies on purpose and a little oversight once in a while helps us get along that much more better.

And for the novice at lying I have found that it is easier to lie where there is a semblance of truth in what you are saying!

Till laters .... falcus007.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Hermit said...

Who's your daddy? That's what you hear in the Clubs and sidewalks of college hotspots..I'd wonder what folks would think if I replied back..It ain't the Devil..