Thursday, February 08, 2007

Odyssey - Book 3 - Chapter i - London

I finally visited London to tell the British empire that the sun has set on it ... ok maybe that was stretch. I think I can now write a guide book on how to see London (the important parts) in a Day with time to spare.

The trip started as one in India, the cab driver fleecing me for all I was worth, the ride from the airport to the hotel was the most expensive I have ever taken - 80pounds. to top it all out he lied and got another 20 from me. So the total was 100 pounds ~ 200$ ~ Rs 9000! Even though the company took the tab, it left a bad taste in my mouth ... not only have the taken the kohinoor from Us now they also had my 100 pounds!

But the trip wasn't all bad, I did get to see a lot of places I wanted to see, though the highlight was the Kohinoor! Maybe someday I'll get it back to where it belongs.

Without further adu here are the pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Uly...saw the pics...they are great! But, isn't London supposed to be cold in Feb! How come you guys are roaming around without any winter wear?!

NoViCe said...

After the -15c of Boston the +5c of London was warm ;)

Follower of Jesus said...

Dude! I've been there! I've seen some of the same things... and have to tell you that thats not the london bridge. Thats the tower bridge. The london bridge is actually really disappointing and is just a concreate regular looking bridge with no bells or whistles.
Did you go on the Millenium bridge??

Kathy G

NoViCe said...

Agreed its the London Tower Bridge :) I liked it better than the millenium bridge though!