Sunday, July 23, 2006

Revision

This is a revision and a semi retraction of my previous post 'The pin pricks of democracy'. It was a realisation that dawned on me suddenly on why the government must have some semblance of control. Its called responsibility. There is no freedom without responsibility. The freedom of speech does not give anybody the right to infringe on another person's freedom which in this case is to live without any fear.

If its a punishable offence to threaten somebody face to face then it must be an a punishable offence to do it via the internet, be it emails or websites.

I would want the Indian government to give me a safe environment where I can live without the threat of violence against me.

So I have officially eaten my words online for the first time ... atleast partially.

1 comment:

Hermit said...

You are excused!!!..All of us believe in our hearts that we are right most of the time..But really, we can't be sure..With more information we have, we constantly make revisions..It's called "Science"..But the only thing that has stayed constant is God and His WORD..It has stood the Test of Time..In the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..If we speak it, it comes to pass..We call it self fulfilling prophecy..But then only God's word comes to pass..Not the words from False Prophets..Half Truths are in other words "Lies"..There is only TRUTH..no half truths!!!!!