Friday, August 11, 2006

Odyssey - Book 2 - Chapter vi - Arangatham

Continuing my new policy of jetting around the country, I decided to go to the west coast this time to good old San Jose. Of to see Sruti's Arangatham and my Sister and BIL. There is nothing more freakier than seeing your sister pregnant!! So here are the pictures of my short trip there.
For those who don't know what an arangatham is ... it is the first solo performance of an artist and is event that indicates that the person has mastered the art form well enough to perform it alone on stange. This pertains to Indian classical dancing and music. The person usually dances continuously for 3 hours!!!

Arangatham
Aug 9, 2006 - 51 Photos

1 comment:

Hermit said...

Is it arangetram? good for her..spiritually speaking, what are we supposed to master in life? What did the Greatest Master teach..He taught us how to be a servant..Well, how well have we mastered that? I guess we must ask those whom we have served? I know whom I should ask? and I know what I want to hear..Well done, my faithful servant, come into my place of rest..thanks for the reminder bro...