Monday, October 16, 2006

Six days to India

It's that time of the year again, when I go back home to inject a concentrated dose of Indianess in me. An almost yearly ritual, only this time around I had only two week to prepare for it. The main casualty of this short notice has be the usual goodies that have to be carried to India, specially "American" chocolates (Not that I am complaining). I have no idea where or when this ritual started but, from time immemorial, people who 'return' from the US usually carry enough chocolates with them to start a candy shop! The irony of this ritual is that, these same chocolates can be bought in India for a fraction of the cost.

For those in India: yes this is an excuse for not bringing any chocolates this time around ... need a better excuse? I'll give you one next time!

No comments: