Friday, October 27, 2006

South-east Asian hospitality


If you are an air traveller then you need to fly through Singapore or Hong Kong. The service is par excellance; the environment wonderful and its always good to look at a smiling face treating you like you are travelling business class! I was floored by the way even the immigration officials put on a smiling face answering stupid tourist questions.

Not only is Singapore's airport the best I have been to, Singapore airlines beats everything else when it comes to service.

Just as a side note European airlines are the most snobbish of the lot.

From my limited interaction with Singaporeans I gathered that their smiling face was not a mask but sense of beaming pride about their country that they want the whole world to notice.

Things to do: Take the free city tour if you have more than 5 hours of layover. Also try the Kongee at the noodle shop.


In the Pic : My bud Ganesh who waited 4 hours to see me for 5 minutes; Inside Singapore Airport

1 comment:

Guru said...

psy more and get more. that is singapore airlines